Note: Our secure on-line store is the fastest and easiest way to get your order going.
If you do not wish to use our shopping cart, you may give us a call at 650.654.0447 or print out the items you need and mail in your order.
Please note: Orders will be accepted for shipping to the United States (which includes APO/FPO). Sorry, no international orders.
I. CART ORDERS
1. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express orders are processed on-line over a secure connection.
2. Orders are encrypted when sent to the server and back to me. Note the “https” when you enter the checkout and the locked padlock or key on your browser.
4. Be careful using your mouse scroll wheel on the check out pages. If you have a drop-down box selected (for example, “State” or “Shipping Options”) and rotate the scroll wheel, the drop-down box scrolls, not the page. Make sure that the drop-down selections are what you desire.
5. The cart will automatically return postage and handling charges for UPS and Priority Mail orders.
6. The cart calculation of weight does not take into account the weight of the shipping container – which my computer does. Therefore, the shipping weight will be 1 to 3 ounces over the cart calculation.
II. MAIL ORDERS
1. Mail orders charging Visa or MasterCard are preferred and the easiest all around. I will add the postage and handling charge to your order. If you are paying by check or money order, you need to determine the postage and handling charge. Here are some methods to determine the charge: 1. Priority Mail and UPS Orders – Enter your order into the cart. Select “mail a check” instead of entering a credit card and submit the order. This will give you the total charges for your check. Simple!
III. SHIPPING OPTIONS and POSTAGE / HANDLING CHARGES
Shipping charges are based on my computer calculated weight of your order and the service selected. My handling charge is $2.00 – please see below for an explanation. The typical charges mentioned below include the handling charge.
About 95% of your orders are shipped the next business day (Mon – Fri), the rest within two days. Sorry, same day shipping is usually not available. We ship via the Post Office (First Class or Priority Mail) and by United Parcel Service.
Post Office :
1. Priority Mail – typically 3 to 5 days and often 2 to 3 days – although mailing times of up to 10 mailing days can occur – especially during holiday periods. Three days is the goal of the USPS – but delivery time is not guaranteed. Priority Mail is recommended for all but the most urgent orders. You may select Priority Mail for small and light orders if you want speed up the delivery time. The tracking available for Priority Mail only provides confirmation of pickup and delivery.
lf you need faster delivery or delivery by a certain date, you may wish to upgrade to UPS 2nd Day Air or Next Day Air.
United Parcel Service :
UPS is a great shipping service! Parcels are almost always delivered on time and tracking while on route is automatic. You will receive in your e-mail confirmation the UPS tracking number and can track the progress of your package across the country. Neat! Since UPS must deliver to your door, you must provide a street address for UPS shipments.
UPS now has a surcharge on all packages delivered to a residential address. This applies to all service levels: Ground, 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air. The surcharge is either $1.15 or $2.90, depending on the zip code. Use of a commercial address will result in lower charges. If you shop using the cart, please indicate your business name on one of the address lines.
Hodges Hobby House is not responsible for UPS delays due to weather, natural disaster, or causes beyond UPS’s control.
1. UPS Ground – Ground UPS service is recommended for heavy orders – like lots of lead wire or pinewood car kits. This service is not available in HI and AK. Rates are only reasonable for orders over about 3 pounds. A 1 pound order going to the West Coast can run $7.60 with the maximum residential surcharges. Areas closer to New York and orders going to commercial addresses cost less. It takes 6-7 business days (M-F, Saturday and Sunday not counted) for delivery to the West Coast – less time to areas in between. Note: For customers living within about 200 miles of Buffalo, NY ground UPS is scheduled next day delivery. Check “Time in Transit” on the UPS site to make sure. Below is a map showing ESTIMATED Business Days in Transit for UPS Ground Service from WinDerby.com Headquarters.
2. UPS Second Day Air- Second Day Air UPS charges are typically in the $11 to $13 range, higher in HI and AK. Ground UPS service is recommended for heavy orders – like lots of lead wire or pinewood car kits. This service is not available in HI and AK.
3. UPS Next Day Air – Next Day Air UPS charges are typically in the $21 to $26 range, higher in HI and AK. I use the “Saver” rate which provides for delivery in the afternoon. It is less expensive.